Mamie Allie's Place

Just a blog by myself MamieAllie (Alicia) where I share photos, family history, health journey and just life in general with family and friends.

Saturday 28 September 2024

A Break for Lunch

 

We got our second chance to get together with my sister and her wonderful hubby for lunch once more.  

We did it last year and this year was the same fun time.  They come up to this area either for a gig or just vacation and cross the border in Windsor and we head out from Simcoe and drive down to meet them at this Kelseys behind us and have lunch/supper.  It is so great to spend time with them both and catch up on all the news even to the point of chatting about favourite movies and tv shows.  For us it is a nice drive to Windsor as the traffic lightens up on the 401 after London and we take the back roads till we get pass London traffic.  After a several hour lunch we head out in opposite directions, they heading back to Florida with stops along the way.  We share our locations on google maps so we watch as we get farther apart once more with promises of getting together soon.  

We had hoped for October around Norfolk County Fair time but the hurricane Helene has changed those plans with lots of damage to their area and they are not able to get home except by boat if they rent one so they are busy assessing the damage and cleaning things up - no trips for awhile.  

I really do think we are so blest to have video chats that are basically free from the days of long distance calls that you had to wait until after 6 pm and still it cost a fortune if you talked too long.  

Morning walks are still on with my foot no longer bothering me although this week I had smelled smoke just past our corner store and thought at first that someone had started their fireplace pretty early but as I was walking down this tiny side street I saw where the smell was coming from.


 It was still smoldering on Friday and it does look like work has begun to clear all the mess.  Pretty sure that it is a complete loss, I truly hope they had house insurance it will never cover such a sad loss but at least it will help.


 One side doesn't look so bad but the other is completely gutted and black.

Anyway, I will be getting back to the purging and cleaning story but wanted to take a moment to mention having a lovely time with my sister and my sad discovery on my morning walk.  

Hope you have a lovely Saturday.


  

4 comments:

  1. Special times make special memories. How blessed that you were able to spend time together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really were, this was my sister's idea over a year ago, sometimes they cannot stay but they can pass through in Windsor and it makes a great place to meet for at least a meal together.

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a wonderful time with your sister and her husband! It's always great to reconnect and catch up, especially over delicious food. I'm so sorry to hear about the hurricane damage in their area. It's a terrible situation, and I hope they're able to recover as quickly as possible.

    I'm glad to hear your foot is feeling better. Morning walks are a great way to start the day. It's unfortunate about the fire. I hope the owners are insured and can rebuild.

    I'm looking forward to hearing more about your purging and cleaning adventures!

    Enjoy your day! (((BIG HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, me too, about the homeowners. I do love taking my rosary with me on my morning walks. I try never to miss a day and the walk makes it special. Writing another purge one next. Huge hugs.

      Delete

A Tigger Kind of Day

  I haven't done a post on Tigger in a long time and thought, why not?  She is 11 years old now and still pretty feral. She had been aba...