Wow, here we are sliding into the last week of July, we have already past the 200th day of the year, isn't that something?
As you might have seen or read hubby got writing a couple of shorts on language which are posted here too (for those whose reading feed is not putting the newest posts up) He says he has come up with more and of course if he does keep going they will be here.
Our neighbour who was a really nice lady has moved after only a year in the building. Our grumpy neighbour seems to be a bit of a challenge to live beside and she found a lovely little home with central air and a laundry room for the same price as she was paying here so she moved this week. I manage to exchange numbers with her so that we can hopefully keep in touch. Who knows, if the day comes that the rent here gets silly for us, we might go there. I peeked on google maps and it is a really cute place. Apparently her bedroom balcony overlooks the deer park. Nice place to enjoy one's morning tea.
Chatting with another couple from a different floor this week was nice as well. I seem to be meeting others from the next door building and different people in this one. I make sure I repeat their names a few times so that they will stick with me - LOL. Nice to be chatting with new friends.
I finished that 6 book series by Christine Dillon.
What a powerful series, the previous one Loss and Loyalty ending took my breath away and I just sat there not believing it finished that way. I think it could have not finished any other way but still one is shocked by it. This one too was very hard to put down and when I did I was sorry I was finished the series but it is the kind I will certainly read again.
The Commonwealth games started yesterday and this time our station CBC is carrying it like they do the Olympics which is great. I hadn't been able to watch them before and my Dad was an official at a couple of them. I am looking forward to watching when I can. There was an event that I hadn't heard about or ever seen before called Bowls. It is like lawn bowling but the balls are in a shape that causes them to never go in a straight line. It was interesting to watch, I thought it seemed like curling on grass.
So, that was it for us here, quiet as most of our summer days are. Then again when one's favourite activity is reading, quiet is what one enjoys best.
Have a lovely day and weekend.



No comments:
Post a Comment