Look at that, another week flew by. This week on Tuesday I had a lovely chat with DD the 1st and this afternoon I will be having a chat with DD the 2nd and probably with the 3 GS saying hi as they move about being busy like all young boys do. I do love being able to video chat with them, what a wonderful thing that came about with the internet and computers. Sure, there are a lot of things that came about that were just evil but as in all things we humans bring about, there are some pretty nifty things too.
I, also after a chat with hubby went online to our phone provider and purchased another phone for hubby. The leap of faith was that I will be able to transfer things when it gets here including the phone number he uses. His phone is over 10 years old and unable to receive anything beyond just a basic text. I figure best to get him with a new model and since mine is a bit newer get one for me a bit later.
The week went along as most weeks do with me being the full time driver. Which I don't mind but hubby is getting use to being a passenger. I think it is more difficult for him to relax while someone else drives than it is for me to drive with a nervous passenger.
Oh, and with the half done apartments a new thing was half done.
As you can see we still don't have any numbers on the doors but they decided to put up new lights above them. These ones are so bright you could put your sunglasses on to just walk in the hallway.
Some tenants shut those new lights off above their doors. We don't bother with that kind of thing as what is beyond our home is the business of the building not ours. I know electricity-wise the lighting is cheaper, which runs from the individual apartments, therefore it is part of the tenants electric bill.
Fun thing about the new lights is that it really shows up how much the hall carpets need cleaning or replacing. I wonder if that will come before or after the numbers. - LOL
The book finished this week was this one. You remember the part of the widow that put just two pennies in the collection and Jesus said she gave the greater because the others gave of their abundance and she gave all she had?
This author imagined a story around just that moment and gave her a name and a full rich story that made you truly think about this moment in time. Really well done.
Lastly this week was Tigger's birthday (at least the one we guessed it might be considering she was barely 3 weeks old when we found her)
She is 13 now and still working so hard to keep her humans trained properly.
I think she is not only pondering her world but wondering why it takes us so long to do what she expects us to do - LOL.
So that is it for me this week. Time to get a move on to take a trip to the reserve and then back for a chat with DD the 2nd. I love those weeks I get to chat to both girls. Have a lovely weekend!





Oh, that Tigger! She's a cat alright... a natural manager!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you about the blessings and drawbacks of how times change. There are some pretty cool things and they do seem to make life better. The one thing I ponder in my heart and have for many decades is how we lose skills and knowledge as we become dependent on new technology. This is across the board. Spelling? Math? Building trades? Mechanical repairs? We both gain and lose as technology advances.
Hope you have a wonderful week ahead!
- Barb (OKM)
I agree there is a lot of things that have slipped away especially when we can 'just google it' or check out YouTube. Cursive writing is pretty much gone. You too, my friend and thanks for stopping by!
DeleteIt always feels so good to get caught up with both of your girls in the same week, especially when you get to see those busy grandsons running around in the background. Video chat really is one of the absolute best perks of modern tech, even if the rest of the internet feels a bit wild half the time. Good luck with the phone transfer when the new one arrives. Moving a ten-year-old phone number over can definitely feel like a high-stakes leap of faith, but he is going to be amazed by what a modern phone can actually do.
ReplyDeleteYour hallway situation gave me a good laugh. Leaving the lights half-done and completely skipping the door numbers feels so classic for building maintenance, but it is wild that they wired those giant floodlights straight into your electric bills. At least they are accidentally forcing management to see how bad those carpets look now. Also, happy 13th birthday to Tigger. That picture of her looking all wise and judgmental is perfect; she definitely knows she runs the house and is just waiting for the rest of you to catch up.
Have a wonderful weekend! (((BIG HUGS)))
It sure is, although I really know now that I just do not have the energy nor patience for young kids anymore. Thanks for the wishes with the new phone transfer, when I start to get into a worry loop I tell myself that there are stores with techs that would certainly give a poor old lady a hand if worse come to worse and customer services don't help enough if needed. There are always a way of getting it fixed. Yes, I always laugh over what gets done and doesn't, you really wonder what on earth they are thinking but then it gives the grumpy tenants something to grump about - LOL. Tigger says - thanks - LOL, seriously she is looking at me like it is time for me to get off the computer and tend to her needs - LOL. Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by.
Delete