Tuesday was the usual errands. When we arrive at the Superstore, the greeter is a neighbour from the building next door and we catch up on things in the neighbourhood before going shopping. Hearing about new businesses that are building or moving in is great to catch up on.
Wednesday was the different errands, the first was to Service Ontario for hubby. For those that don't live here, just a bit of background. When one turns 80 here you get a notice to make an appointment to be tested on your driving knowledge before you can renew your driver's license. Hubby has said ever since I met him that when that time would come he was not going to take the test nor renew. He was asked recently if he would miss driving and he was quick to answer 'no'. He went on to explain that he had been driving for work non-stop for years and in between driving everyone everywhere so he was very happy to let go of the wheel. He said that he also, over the years, had seen too many seniors driving who really should no longer be doing so and he did not want to be one of those 'old farts'.
So, we went in and he turned in his license and put in for a 'purple card'. Driver's license being blue and health cards green, a photo id for non-drivers is purple. As we left hubby handed the keys to me and happily went to the passenger side.
I told him this (see left) as we were pulling out of the parking lot. Now, how do I feel about being the sole driver now? Well, okay for around the county and heading to the reserve for fill-ups but not really keen on the idea of going to Brantford or Hamilton should medical reasons say we must but I do know there are services for those kind of drives and I am certainly going to look into that in the future but as long as hubby keeps the screaming to a minimum I think I am okay.
After we went to pick up my new glasses which were ready as well. So, all good there.
And so, a week of adjustments (especially the mirrors in the car) and life goes on.
As I was looking through Pinterest on my book quest I found this great definition of a politician. What do you think? - LOL
Have a wonderful weekend all!




No comments:
Post a Comment