Mostly Alicia

Just a blog by Me (Alicia) and once in awhile Robert where we share photos, family history, and just life in general with family and friends.

Sunday, 20 September 2026

Weekly Musings of the 18th - Part 1

 

This was hubby's birthday week and there was a lot going on and so there is no way I can do this blog in only one sitting.  Also, I think those that read my blog would like a break in-between everything.  Monday started with a few errands as we would be having six people visiting with us on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  There would be no time to do much else.  At least that is what we thought but Tigger also had plans that we had no clue was coming.  

Tuesday was my cleaning appointment with our dental hygienist at Polished Smiles and I have to say that it was so great to see Lianne again.  The temps that were working at my dental office just did not have her care and ability so I was a pretty happy camper after that visit.  


One morning I was getting ready for my morning walk and the sky was this red/orange colour but by the time I got downstairs and got walking the colour was gone.  I don't care to take pictures through screens but this one was worth it because it disappeared so quickly.  Wednesday was cleaning and laundry because of course nothing of that nature would happen once company arrived.  

Thursday morning before company arrived I picked up drinks and a little Norfolk gift bag idea.  


 In the late afternoon both of hubby's brothers and their wives arrived and it was wonderful to see them once more.  


Catching up on all that was going on in our lives and all the kids, grandkids, cousins and the like.  It was wonderful chatting and laughing over pizza and our favourite drinks like coke.  Seems all of us rarely drink anything stronger than ice tea, coke or ginger ale.  

At this point Tigger made herself vanish but we both could see she wasn't truly herself.  Something was wrong but the night ended with our guests going to the nearby hotel and us getting off to bed as the next day would be hubby's 80th birthday.  

More to come....



2 comments:

  1. OK, part one read on the morning of the 21st... and you left me a cliff hanger, too! Gotta go find part 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - thanks for coming and finding it. Huge hugs

      Delete

Weekly Musings of the 9th - RIP Tigger

  Good Morning family and friends.  Most of you know that Tigger crossed the rainbow bridge on Monday but I still wanted to share the week o...