Mamie Allie's Place

Just a blog by myself MamieAllie (Alicia) where I share photos, family history and just life in general with family and friends.

Thursday 29 February 2024

February Musings

 

Happy Leap Day!  Look at that the second month of the year is nearly over.  All around a pretty warm February at that.  Today is actually a cold day but tomorrow it is going back up once more and will stay there, so any snow that came yesterday will be gone in a puff. 

What did we do this month?  Nothing much, honestly.  Hubby caught a cold (probably all the up and down with the temperature helped) and one thing about getting older, you don't get better as fast as you did.  Actually it is all the little things that happen that drive me nuts, you know, aches and pains that you never had before that suddenly show up and hang around forever.  Sheesh, this senior stuff really is a challenge.  I suddenly now know what was going on with all those grumpy seniors I met in my 20s and 30s and I am really sorry I didn't take time with them.  It is just that sometimes all the stuff that comes with aging really pisses you off.  

Hubby and I did check out a coffee shop way out nearly in the middle of nowhere called The Perks of Norfolk.  It is past the village of Waterford 


 It has a lovely breakfast, light lunches and baked goods plus their coffees, including specialty ones. We enjoyed the breakfast and thought it is also a great middle of the way place to meet our friends from Brantford for breakfast.  I hope we get to do that when spring comes.  

Read a lot of cozy mysteries this month, which of course is the thing to do in the winter although as I said before sitting outside on the balcony reading in the summer is pretty great too.  My favourite series has finally added to my collection with the 26th book in the series.  The Miss Fortune Mysteries and I have to say I completely enjoyed every page.  There have been some that by the time you get to this number the stories seem to be a rehashing over and over with the same tired jokes, but the ladies Fortune, Gertie and Ida Belle are still a blast and the stories are still pretty different.  I can't wait for the next book in the series as a hint of what is coming was in the final chapter of this one and I think it will be another fun read.  

Still working on my peace blanket but it is slow going as I cannot do more than a row or two before my hands say enough but I am sure it will get finished in March.  

So, dear family and friends, we are doing okay and taking things day by day.  Here is to the next month, hopefully spring will be here without little puffs of winter along the way.

It's called being a senior


4 comments:

  1. Happy Leap Day! February is gone and it doesn't seem possible. Maybe all those gorgeous, spring days we've had. The jonquils are about 10 inches through the ground and have big yellow buds. The wild day lilies are through the ground, too. If this weather continues, I'll be mowing by the middle of March. Crazy!

    Those "middle of nowhere" places are a real treasure. IMHO, those kinds of places are perfect for meeting friends for breakfast or a casual lunch.

    What the kitty says is spot on. I, too, have those skills. Sigh!
    Have a happy weekend! 🤗💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I have those skills as well. Yesterday we had snow and today it is all going to melt. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. It means a lot.

      Delete
  2. I can't believe how fast things are going, March already? The year is flying.

    I love when you find an out of the way place to enjoy. I love going to locally owned places instead of a chain place.

    Have a wonderful weekend! (((BIG HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, and around here there are some great gems to enjoy. Just got a notice that our local one Willie's near the lake will will be opening for the season next Friday. Have a great weekend.

      Delete

February Musings

  Happy Leap Day!  Look at that the second month of the year is nearly over.  All around a pretty warm February at that.  Today is actually ...