Mamie Allie's Place

Just a blog by myself MamieAllie (Alicia) where I share photos, family history and just life in general with family and friends.

Saturday 6 January 2024

Saturday Musings - Quick Week

 

For Tigger the saddest day of the year is New Year's Day.  That is the day that I put on the Rose Bowl Parade and hubby and I take down the Christmas decorations.  Tigger tries to block the way, sit close by with a sad look and eventually look into the box like she is saying good-bye.  

I have found two great links for both the Macy's Parade and the Rose Bowl Parade.  The Rose Bowl one after the live feed with no commercials actually cleans it up cuts some extras and the parade is completely on YouTube with no commercials.  You get to see all the floats and all the bands not missing one because they break for sponsors all the time.  The Macy's one is great as it is just a person who does walking videos who has this great spot along the parade route and just stays right there and gets it all.  

I know it is way past both parades but if you would like to check it out here are the two links - 

KTLA5

https://www.youtube.com/live/P-yGuuBi47E?si=OSCT0x_f8IiP6sDz

And Walking Alice (who if you check out her collections has some pretty great walks including Christmas light displays)

https://youtu.be/o_qdtECZGG0?si=zZnKdmMePpc4KLKv

I finished off the Catechism in a Year with Fr. Mike.  Lots of great stuff that I would never have known if it hadn't been for this great podcast.  As well, I have started my 4th go round of the Bible in a Year.  I listen to it on Spotify but it can be had on YouTube and other podcast sites as well as Ascension Press has their own app that cover both the Catechism and the Bible.  

Here is a link to the YouTube channel if you are interested in checking it out. 

https://youtu.be/qvROgfajuMY?si=yIb9cMk0po0ZM7wN 

I actually have just fallen in love with the bible and will keep doing the Bible in a Year for as long as I can because I get so much each and every time I have gone through the year.  

So last year I did both and this year I am going to stick with the Bible and probably listen to Fr. Mike's Homilies as well because it is a really great resource.

This week had a bit of shopping and errands to do.  I got a funny combo of letters from the government regarding Mom's passing.  The first was the letter to say that I had been awarded the death benefits and they would come soon as well they said they were sorry for our loss.  The next envelope had Mom's name too but it was to tell me that Mom qualified for Dental services this year.  Complete proof that one department does not have access to all records beyond their department.  It will all clear up when I get her last set of taxes done a little later in the year, good thing there are not elections going on or I would probably get told where she could go and vote - LOL.  

In the evening I put on a music video on the YouTube channel and listen to my studies and this one time the video had lots of birds on it.  As I looked up I saw that Tigger was pretty interested in watching them too.  


 She will sit in front of the TV or on a chair facing it and just watch the birds.  Funny thing is that I did a search and found bird videos just for cats that run for 8 hours.  So now when I am using my headphones I put the birds on for Tigger before we all go to bed.  

Got to video chat with both my sister and my DD the I, one on Thursday and one on Friday.  I know DD the II is swamped with her three boys and hubby so we just send quick texts to keep in touch.  I figure once all boys are in school she and I will be able to sit down for a chat - LOL.  

So, that is the week that flew by which kinda shows how the year may just fly too but I could never start the year without some kind of funny.  



6 comments:

  1. speded2 (Jeanne)6 January 2024 at 09:20

    Thank you for all the great links. Interesting that your kitty will sit and watch the birds on tv. Don't you wish you knew what she's thinking?
    Happy Saturday! 🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I would love to know what she is thinking and you are welcome. Tigger will give you a look though that you can be pretty sure what she is telling you - LOL

      Delete
  2. Tigger watching the bird on TV is fascinating. But she looks positively pensive over Christmas coming down. Prisoner seems indifferent to the decorations being put away!

    My son's in-laws have a bird that watches other birds on TV. I have watched my own kitties respond to bird sounds on the computer, too.

    Yes, the year is already starting to zip on by, and it's only just begun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has even looked at me and then the tv like she is saying, I don't want to watch that put my birds on - LOL. She is pretty pouting for awhile when the tree goes away but perks up by food time. Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. I love watching Walking Alice. I found the channel last year and have enjoyed it so much.

    We're just packing up the decorations and getting the house back in order.

    Have a wonderful weekend! (((BIG HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I love her Quebec City walks as hubby and I went there on our honeymoon, brings back great memories. Have a great day and success with getting the house in order.

      Delete

February Musings

  Happy Leap Day!  Look at that the second month of the year is nearly over.  All around a pretty warm February at that.  Today is actually ...