Mamie Allie's Place

Just a blog by myself MamieAllie (Alicia) where I share photos, family history, health journey and just life in general with family and friends.

Tuesday 23 July 2024

This is probably it

 

After getting rings cut off and seeing the doctor and getting blood work and x-rays done the results are in.  I am at the beginning of Rheumatoid Arthritis or RA and it's okay.  So far there is no pain although I can't close my hands or grip very well which can be inconvenient.  

As soon as I got word I went to my sister (on chat) and I have to give in that she has been right for years trying to get me to stick with an anti-inflammatory diet.  I have pretty good incentive now as I know I have to get this under control as soon as possible.  

So, this week's meal plan has three new recipes with the focus on anti-inflammatory foods as well as usual ones.  I have added lemon and ginger to some of my glasses of water.  Exercise has been stepped up with both early morning walks once more, walks at home on youtube and stretching and weight exercises too.  I try to get a walk or walk at home 30 minutes every day and 20 minutes of stretching or weights.  I can't put those off anymore as RA gets worse with inactivity.  


 That picture shows how far I can close my hand right now.  I do know that I can improve it but I tend to let things slide and I know that I can't now.  

I usually post my blogs on Facebook but I am not going to as I just don't want to spread this much.  I will just set it here and those who read my blogs that is great and enough.  I read a great saying about venting which I will put at the end and so that is what I am using my blog for, a bit of venting.

Anyway, keyboarding can be tough after awhile and so blogging is really on the back burner, one because I don't have much to say beyond I am walking and exercising and trying to keep to anti-inflammatory foods and two it can cause a flare-up.  

I will pop by to keep up with my blogger friends posts and maybe give an update from time to time but that is my reason for not being around.  


Take good care of you.



5 comments:

  1. How painful. DH suffered from RA for many years. Proper diet and exercise make a positive difference. Good luck! 🤗💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, funny how we know that proper diet and exercise helps in many ways but how slow we get starting that. I put it off so long and now... well, I am sure you know.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Paula, huge hugs right back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALICIA363
    Hoping you’re making some improvement after a few weeks of change. I totally get how we know what to do, but don’t always do it. Hugs, Ace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little as long as I stick to it. When I rebel the next day my body has a way of saying - please don't do that again. So, two steps forward, one back and doing okay. Thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete

A Tigger Kind of Day

  I haven't done a post on Tigger in a long time and thought, why not?  She is 11 years old now and still pretty feral. She had been aba...