Mamie Allie's Place

Just a blog by myself MamieAllie (Alicia) where I share photos, family history, health journey and just life in general with family and friends.

Thursday 26 September 2024

Hey There - I'm Back

 

Hello Family and Friends!

I know it has been pretty much the whole spirng and summer since I had anything to write about in life and of course I was letting my hands get a bit better.  They will never be 100% but they are not bad.  As you can see from the photo I am back out for my early morning first thing walks.  I have kept the time to just 30 minutes but that is the perfect amount of time to get juice in the joints for the day.  

So many things to write about once more and at first I thought this would just overwhelm the first entry and then of course I caught my breath a realized that I can make lots of post as I want to.  

Overview of things going on is that we have done a full fall cleaning and purging of our home to prepare of our DD to be returning from BC and staying with us until she gets back on her feet and settled into the area.  Got mom's stuff settled and done as well.  All those detail things I will go into a lot more as well as exploring more too.  I think DD is going to be a huge help for us to get out and about once more and out of the rut we kinda fell into.  I do think part of the rut was because both hubby and I were tired from all the care we put into mom's stuff and needed to rest.  


 I saw this house along my morning walk.  I was really impressed with the size of the giant skeletons and how well they were set up.  To me, it seemed done and simple which I always like.  

At the end of the week I banged my toe hard enough to think that I might have broken it so I had to forgo my early morning walks for a few days.  Lucky for me I found that it was just badly bruised and after three days of rest I was able to get back out for my early morning 'juice in the joints rosary walk'  

I went by the skeleton house again to find that they were not going to keep it simple and it had been added to.  I was impressed by the two displays but sad that it was not the simple display anymore.  



 As you can see lots going on now.  I was very impressed by the detail but thought each on could have stood on it's own but then again that is my taste when it comes to decorations.  

So here I am back again and ready to write as well, so I think you will see me a bit more often.  

Blessings

Alicia 



5 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Looking forward to reading the catch-up posts. 🌞

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Looks like Halloween is coming in spades to your neck of the woods. My daughter in law has acquired a HUGE spider decoration for the front of their house, and their foster respite child is helping them decorate. He brought refrigerator art home from school this week, which thrills my DIL, who is a graphic artist herself.

    Oh dear, a toe beside the hands? Hope things mend well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, toes and hands. The toes are nearly all better but the hands, I am learning to live and adjust with. I have seen those huge spider ones, I thought they were so impressive. I have to say I do miss refrigerator art. Have a great weekend and thank you for stopping by once more.

      Delete
  3. It's wonderful to hear that you're back on your feet and enjoying those early morning walks again. It's great that you've found a balance between rest and activity that works for you.

    The skeleton house sounds intriguing! I love the idea of simple yet effective decorations.

    I'm excited to hear about your plans with your daughter. It sounds like you're both in for a busy and exciting time. I'll look forward to hearing more about your adventures and your home's transformation.

    Have a fantastic weekend! (((BIG HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete

A Tigger Kind of Day

  I haven't done a post on Tigger in a long time and thought, why not?  She is 11 years old now and still pretty feral. She had been aba...