Mamie Allie's Place

Just a blog by myself MamieAllie (Alicia) where I share photos, family history, health journey and just life in general with family and friends.

Tuesday 8 October 2024

Thanksgiving Coming Up Time for Mamie's Stuffing

 

Yes, it is that time already for our Canadian Thanksgiving this coming weekend.  I thought it would be nice to put up the recipes that are important in our family for that dinner.  I got our turkey and all the ingredients.  

Here is our most important one - Mamie's Stuffing.

4 cups toasted bread cubes

1 tsp salt (I always leave this out)

1/2 tsp pepper

2 heaping tsp sage

2 tbsp butter

1 egg

1/4 cups minced onion

Combine all ingredients and stuff bird. This is the perfect amount for 1 chicken. For a 10 to 12 pound turkey double the recipe.



So, little later this day as we got groceries and then off to Service Ontario to get my cards renewed for another 5 with hopefully a better picture.  DD came with me to get a start on her cards for living back in Ontario.  We went at a great time as there was no one there and we only waited a couple of moments until both of us were taken care of.  The Service people were kind and helpful which was a huge change from most city offices and we were done in no time flat.  

Wishing everyone a rest of the day.  



5 comments:

  1. Now my mouth is watering remembering my grandmother's sage stuffing! The recipe looks very similar. I like plain old-fashioned dishes for holidays, myself, but some folks are more adventurous.

    Happy Thanksgiving weekend to you and yours... it begins my season of public facing gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I like the regular old fashioned dishes as they are always my favourite and I only make it for special occasions. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving weekend to you and your loved ones.
    Thanks for sharing a recipe to add to my files. 🦃 🥧 🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome and thank you! Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  3. That's so exciting that Canadian Thanksgiving is just around the corner! I love the idea of sharing your family's recipes. Mamie's Stuffing sounds absolutely delicious. I'm definitely going to give that one a try.

    It's great that you were able to get everything done, including getting your cards renewed. I'm sure it's a relief to have that taken care of.

    Have a wonderful rest of your day! (((BIG HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete

Giving Thanks

  With the cloudy day and the leaves turning swiftly it certainly is a time to be thankful.  I have so many blessings to be thankful for, fa...