Another one bites the dust.... (bet you started hearing the song in your head - LOL. I always do. So the week was one of usual and interesting. Hubby's new phone arrived and I was able to do most of the set up but there was one thing I couldn't see. I opened one slot in the old phone for the sims card but it wasn't there.... crap... I know I was missing something and of course phone companies make it nearly impossible to reach anyone to actually speak to and the AI you do reach won't understand that you want a person.
Finally after being frustrated enough I decided to go with hubby for groceries. I also figured I would go into the Mobile shop and perhaps the guy there would take pity on an old lady and fix it. I put everything in my small purse which made it heavy enough to want to drag it and away we went.
I walked in the shop and said, I know I didn't buy this phone here and our server is not one that is used here but could you see what I am missing to get this new phone working with hubby's phone number? He said sure and looked over the old phone and found the second slot that I didn't see opened it up, took the card out and put it in the new phone. Less that 15 seconds the new phone was all good. I missed the second slot in looking for the card.
His new phone is google so it is easy for hubby to get to all the things that he uses a phone for. The old phone I tried to set back to factory settings in order to donate but I had no idea it was still using a 12 year old email address as the account that neither of us have used in that length of time and have no clue what the password is nor any way to change the password. They send a log in to that email which we do not have access to, so that is a waste of time. We might just have to drown that phone before recycling it... lots of time to think on that.
Oh yeah, in all of this I found that I could actually get the phone I want from Amazon for cheaper than our server company, delivered faster and with no shipping charge and since it is just a switching of cards, I don't have to use our phone company.
Lessons learned every day.
Beautiful skies and cooler mornings for my walk this week too which was just lovely. We also had to make an appointment for Sparky this week and I have to take him in for 9 today. The poor thing seems to be having a little trouble with power to the buttons and horn on the steering wheel. Also the dash goes wonky occasionally with resetting itself during it's time of just sitting. I really hope it is something simple for the car and not a big cost. Sparky is 13 years old and has been having a few hiccups but I really have no desire to shell out a lot of money on it nor have the expense of another car. My desire is that Sparky lasts until I am finished with driving.
Well, we shall cross the bridges when we need to cross those bridges and not borrow troubles from days not here yet.
In between it all on days we were not going out to deal with whatever, we pulled out the carpet cleaner and started washing down the old carpets of our apartment. These poor old things are hanging in pretty well and as we were cleaning them hubby and I both decided that we should do them more on a regular basis as they need a lot of TLC.
As to books, this week was another really interesting read from an interesting point of view, the mother of Samson.
I always had trouble with Samson as I couldn't figure out with all that he had and was doing, how could he be such a jerk. This author is a great one who really showed the ideas of how we all mess up like this and how Samson might have been thinking as he made those awful decisions that he did. It got me thinking deeper of this story and very much enjoyed this book too.
Anyway, I am off to get presentable and get the car in for them to see if it is a simple fix to fix Sparky and keep him going for a few years more.
Have a lovely weekend.



No comments:
Post a Comment