Mostly Alicia

Just a blog by Me (Alicia) and once in awhile Robert where we share photos, family history, and just life in general with family and friends.

Friday, 28 August 2026

Weekly Musings of the 28th

 

Here we are coming up to the end of another month.  How about that, I have even noticed the leaves changing on some of the early trees.  Soon it will be time to pull the A/C out of the window.  I always do it kinda early because although I appreciate it in June, July and most of August I prefer the windows being open and air just coming from outside and if really hot days show up in September I can manage with a window fan for the day or two that it lasts.  It is like I am done with that unit in the window no matter what the weather is.

First onto Sparky as in comments people were wondering how it went.  It was a funny thing, the things that I brought the car in, of course, did not show up on their computer analyzes but they found that the bearings in one place needs replacing and the front brakes will need taking care of when we switch to winter tires.  Waiting on parts for the bearings which is probably because of the guys in power being a**holes on both sides of the border.  The silent horn and steering column stuff which was dead, the lady there and I checked it out and all the buttons worked again and so did the horn.  So, he fixed the stuff we wanted probably by accident but listed stuff that we were not bothered by yet.  Anyway, either way, Sparky is working fine.  

I did a bit of linen shopping at Giant Tiger because of the more expensive ones I cannot stand that slippery crap feeling on those sheets.  It is called Sateen, and trying to find sheets without any kind of Sateen crap is tough now.  Finally found that our good old Giant Tiger carries them.  Found both cotton and flannel plus some great towels.  Another lesson learned, don't bother with the more expensive stores basic linen is best found at Giant Tiger, which is kind of a Target store for those south of the border.  

When all the politicians were screaming at each other I figured that I better get my new phone before the prices go up to silly.  I also decided to get the same as hubby's that way when I figured something out on my phone I could show him on his. 


 I got different colours for us both so we wouldn't grab the wrong one.  Once I had dealt with switching his stuff over to the new one, taking care of my switch over was a piece of cake including the app. that handles my hearing aids.  That was the only one I was a bit concerned about because when I got the aids the tech handled it at their office, so just in case I needed to go in I managed to get my phone on Thursday thus knowing I could go in on Friday to fix it if necessary.  It wasn't necessary.  And I got my phone still for a couple hundred cheaper than hubby's through Amazon instead of our phone server.  I, also, wanted a google one instead of Samsung because I hated having to have a Samsung account with my google one, this way it is just the one thing that runs on all computer, phone and tablet no matter what one is doing.  

Fun thing on Thursday as well was that the internet through our server was down in our town.  I waiting until I had my coffee, got cleaned up and had my book on hand for waiting on hold and gave them a call to see why our internet was down.  That was when I found out it was all of Simcoe and they were frantically working on it to get it back up and running.  After we chatted a bit the guy thanked me for being so nice to him.  He said I was the first one.  I said that I knew these things can happen and it is not those that answer the calls fault nor the techs working on it either and wished him a more peaceful day as I hung up.  That sure is sad to figure that every time you answer the phone at work you are probably going to get yelled at.  No wonder people are angry, what a stress-filled way to work.

So, we settled in to watch some dvds, read some books and otherwise do stuff that didn't require being on the internet.  I also decided if my phone arrived during that time I would just wait until the next day if need be.  No trouble at all and the internet was back up and running by 12:30 p.m.  and my new phone did not arrive until late afternoon anyway.  All worked out just find and we enjoyed re-watching The Hobbit on dvd that afternoon anyway.  


I didn't see the eclipse of the moon last night but I did get a really lovely shot of the moon this morning on my walk.  Yup, this is not the sun coming up but the moon setting.  

Reading-wise while on hold and other waiting things plus my usual time of reading during the day I was onto another book in the series Ordinary Women of the Bible.  


 This one is set in the new testament and during the time of Paul.  Very much enjoying this one too.  Actually once I finish this series I am going back to re-read all these new bible series books.  They have been so good, I am looking forward to visiting them again.  

Well, that was the week that was with also a wonderful sit-down video chat with my sister.  I just love catching up with her.  We ended up catching for an hour and 40 minutes instead of our usual hour.  

Take care all and have a wonderful weekend!


       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Musings of the 28th

  Here we are coming up to the end of another month.  How about that, I have even noticed the leaves changing on some of the early trees.  S...