Mamie Allie's Place

Just a blog by myself MamieAllie (Alicia) where I share photos, family history and just life in general with family and friends.

Monday 15 January 2024

Monday Musings - Quiet and Peaceful

 

Wow, amazing how quiet days just slip by and I realized that I hadn't posted any blog in awhile.  The picture here is what I did with the beautiful Christmas card that hubby gave me.  We normally don't do Christmas cards to each other anymore as, well, we said most things they say and we let it go.  Hubby said he knew we weren't but this one just stood out to him and when he read it, he knew it was everything he wanted to say.  After I read it, I just knew that I couldn't just put it in a drawer after the holidays were over.  So, I got a little frame at the dollar store took off the ribbon and For my wife off the front.  I typed up the words from inside the card and printed it on a Christmas style paper.  I cut out his signature and my name he wrote to add to the finished piece and tucked it all into the frame with a mat around it.  I think it turned out rather well.  

I wrote last week about Tigger watching bird videos that are made for cats to watch and now she has gotten way smart about the whole thing.  This morning I held up the remote and she looked at it and turned around and sat down in front of the TV as I turned it on, then waited while I put on her bird video.  


Last night I was listening to Spotify on the TV and Tigger came out of the other room and sat down looking at the TV and then at me.  She sat there and looked at the TV and then at me until I got the message, I had expected her to get tired of waiting for me to change from the music and go and eat something but she didn't move until it was just the way she wanted.  We have never had a cat like this one ever.  


 I even tried it in the bedroom and there she jumped to the dresser so she could check behind the TV and made sure no bird or chipmunk had gotten behind there when they leave the screen.  Once she was sure she came back onto the bed and watched them.  

Really, really cold today after the snow squalls that we had.  No real amount of snow is on the ground, maybe an inch or so.  It is -13C or 9F here this morning.  Most of our windows are frozen shut.  You know I really am not that fond of being told what the wind chill is.  When we were young they just said what the temperature was and left it at that, being told that it feels colder really is telling me what I already know.  Bundle up it is cold.  Then again, when we were F before C we thought that +9F was pretty good out there, cold but doable, now hearing that it is -13C makes it seem colder in some way.  As a kid we were out playing the snow at -5F/-20C and thinking nothing of it.  Now kids are kept inside.  


 Hubby made supper last night, it was an old staple of his.  Mac and tomato juice.  Yes, now we use the curly kind of mac noodle and a bit more ground beef, small green onions but tomato juice is a must.  Still a favourite of our girls. 

I like ground pepper on mine.  Guess what is for lunch today!  I actually had never had it before hubby made it for me and I was sure that I wouldn't like it but it has truly become a favourite in our home.

So, all in all a pretty quiet winter week with fun cozy mysteries to read and a cat watching TV. 

Happy Monday!


  


 

6 comments:

  1. Brrrrr! Great job preserving a precious memory of your hubby's card to you. I can see why it appealed to him, and why you'll cherish it for all your days.

    Your mac and tomato juice looks a lot like what we used to call "goulash" at our house. One of the first dishes we girls learned to make when we were cooking for the family. It would still rank high on the list of comfort foods for me, but I don't put it together very often.

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yup I think many call it that too but hubby always just called it mac and tomato juice. It is a real comfort and I love when he makes a batch. Have a great week.

      Delete
  2. speded2 (Jeanne)15 January 2024 at 11:11

    What a lovely Christmas gift that's filled with loving sentiment. The framed presentation shows how special it is to you.

    You have one smart kitty!! That is one for the record books, I'm guessing.

    Stay safe and warm. Spring arrives in 64 days. Tomorrow wouldn't be too soon for me. 💐🤗💞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomorrow would be good. Yup, Tigger is pretty smart she always suprises us with how smart she is and how stubborn. Last night I was saying no to her as she sat in front of the TV waiting for me to put her birds on - she eventually won that battle too and I listened to my music in my headphones. Thank you! Have a great week.

      Delete
  3. It is cold here to we're -9 right now and only one more day or this negative temps. It's not going to be much of a heatwave, but a little better.

    That is a beautiful card your hubby gave you. Sometimes a card says everything you want to.

    Your Tigger is one smart cat.

    Enjoy your day! (((BIG HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you it was too special to not do something with. Tigger is really something, the most different cat we ever have had. Probably why she is in so many photos, I can't believe what she does and need to prove it. Here is to it warming up even a bit.

      Delete

February Musings

  Happy Leap Day!  Look at that the second month of the year is nearly over.  All around a pretty warm February at that.  Today is actually ...