Mostly Alicia

Just a blog by Me (Alicia) and once in awhile Robert where we share photos, family history, and just life in general with family and friends.

Friday, 31 July 2026

Weekly Musings of the 31st


 Last day of the month already and taking the days slow and easy.  

Eye appointment on Monday morning and as I figured I needed new glasses as there was enough of a change that I would notice it when reading or on the computer or driving.  They should be in next week or so.

I also did my semi-annual pick of new puzzles although neither hubby and I wanted to drive to Mary Maxim in Paris for a 'look see' they do ship so this time I manage not only to find some good deals on the puzzles I managed to get free shipping too.  It can be expensive if one isn't careful but with a bit of hunting one can find some pretty great deals.  I ended up with 6 new ones which will keep me busy for awhile.  I do like getting off screens and working on real puzzles instead of puzzle apps. 


Miss Tigger loves puzzles too as when they are finished she loves to lay on them so when I am working on one she watches carefully.  

Books this week I went back to the extraordinary women of the bible series and this one was about Sarah.  At first I thought, okay another one.  I had read several from different authors about Sarah but each point of view was interesting.  This one surprised as it was set at the time Sarah was dying and all the things could have happened as she lay on her death bed.  


Very interesting thoughts of what could have been.  I always come away with something deeper to think about and this author has some very good stories to tell.

So, between reading, puzzles and a bit of colouring, some watching of the commonwealth games as well as our usual daily walks it was as always, for this retired couple, another quiet week but quiet is nice especially sitting in the shade of our balcony and reading.  

Wishing you all a lovely long August weekend as we say good-bye to July 2026. 

Take care. 

The puzzle Tigger is laying on now


  

TTFN 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Musings of the 31st

  Last day of the month already and taking the days slow and easy.   Eye appointment on Monday morning and as I figured I needed new glasses...